Monday 22 December, 2008

Pray For Sheru! Salute Sheru the HERO

According to the recent high court ruling... all NUISANCE stray dogs will be killed. A dog barking incessantly, would amount to "nuisance". (Are we making a grave mistake?)

When Terrorist Ajmal rammed in to CST and fired indiscriminately; unable to bear the sound of the bullet shots, even dogs ran off CST station. Sheru stood there and barked, barked and barked... even after being hit by bullets. He is now recuperating in the ICU of the animal hospital, being treated for the bullets that he braved.


Join me in my prayers for him. He has done a lot for humankind, that humans would also be scared to.


But with the recent ruling on culling of strays.. I wonder though..

what if sheru is picked up by BMC to be culled one day for barking?

(Hu)ManKind!... (Hu)Man are we.. But how kind?

I recollect that I did receive a call (via Mumbai Terror Helpline) by some kind soul who asked me for the number of  NGOs  for stray dogs and narrated the story of a stray dog screaming at the terrorist until he was shot by the rascal. I donot remember who the kind soul was and I have not stored the number. If you are the person. Please call me, such noble work should be communicated to more people through the media. Please dont shy. You set an example of empathy. Please come out and inspire us. 

No comments: